Sunday, July 10, 2011

Training Starts for the January 2012 Chevron Houston Maraton

I finished the January 2011 Chevron Houston Marathon in 6 hr 1 min 25 sec (an unofficial finish since I did not finish in under 6 hr). A YouTube video is posted here. In training for the marathon I ran the Mother Road Half Marathon in Joplin, MI, on October 10, 2010 (10-10-10). The Mother Road Half Marathon started in Baxter Spring, Kansas, and ended in Joplin. Great experience with my friend Z. The YouTube is posted here. The hotel we stayed in was very close to or inside the part of the city that was devastated by the April 2011 tornado. My training was completed with the Houston 25K in November and the Sugar Land 30K in December. This year I joined the Houston Area Road Runners Association and got into the Chevron Marathon through the HARRA 500, bypassing the lottery. I am looking forward to setting a PR.
Later,
The Dustinator

No comments: