Thursday, January 10, 2013

Chevron Houston Marathon Run for a Reason--PCHAS

Part of Team Butterfly from 2011, when we received an award for raising the most money by a team in the Run for a Reason charity event. The money we raised went to PCHAS.

This Sunday, January 13, 2013, as a member of Team Butterfly, I am running in the 2013 Chevron Houston Marathon.  I am running for 65,948 reasons, the number of confirmed cases of child abuse in Texas in 2011.  I am running for Presbyterian Children’s Homes and Services (PCHAS), a ministry that serves children and families not only in the Houston area but throughout Texas. Last year, PCHAS served more than 3,000 children and 1,200 families. Team Butterfly has set a team goal of $20,000 and I have set a personal goal to raise at least $500 toward that for PCHAS. I now ask your help in raising the money for this worthy cause.

I hope you will sponsor my efforts, so together, we can make a difference. Please consider a donation of $35 or $70, $100 or more. Your donation is tax-deductible and will make a tremendous impact.

Please visit the link below to donate to this cause (note that the link will take you to the Team Butterfly donation page; I do not have an individual donation page):


Every donation - large or small - brings me one step closer to reaching my goals and every dollar I raise will move a child one step closer to A FUTURE WITH HOPE.

Keep on running,
Thanks for your support,
The Dustinator

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is a good activity since it is for a good cause. Sadly, there are lots of child abuse cases and it is even increasing every year. I can't understand why people do this to children. There is no excuse for hurting a child because they did not ask to be born. Parents don't have the right to put the blame on them.
- SkydiveBaltimore.com